Responsive form with stages for each approval group?

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I currently have a form with multiple panels. Each panel pertains to a particular group and stage in the process. The process and stages are as follows:

1. Requestor views the form and fills out the appropriate fields

2. Approver is then notified once the Requestor has submitted their portion. The form will be editable (they can edit the Requestor answers/fields) and they will also be able to work on the next panel of fields. The Approver will then have a 'Submit' button.

3. When Approver submits, the form will display 3 additional panels, each panel for 1 group: Group A, Group B, Group C. Each Group has to fill out their appropriate panel, and they all have their own 'Submit' button. 

4. Once submitted, a last Entry group will review all the information and finally save the record.

My question is, what is the logic that can make this happen? My SharePoint list has a Status column. If I hide panels on the form with the rule that it has to match a certain Status before it can be viewed by the correct group, does that make sense? I then have to attach values to the Buttons on the form? Is there any documentation on having sections of a form display during a certain stage? 

Lastly, what is the correct logic to make this happen in the workflow? Would it be best to use a Switch or State Machine? Any guidance would be most appreciated! 

2 replies

Bump. Anyone able to provide any tips?

Badge +12

@meridianline you need to create separate SharePoint groups for all the approvers and use the below formula:

isMemberofGroup(Text group name)

So let's say you have a panel 1 for the approver (and Approver SharePoint group) which should be disabled for others then your formula will be:

!isMemberofGroup(Approver)

The same way you can use for Group A, B & C.