Failed To Retrieve Form Control For Canvas

• 12 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Anyone encountered this before? Failed to retrieve form control for canvas. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. It appears when changing Single Line Textbox's 'Connected to' attribute. Though values are being set as what you have intended, error is a bit bothering during development.

Error occur on a newly setup environment. The old development environment doesn't throw this error. The only difference is, the new one runs on SQL 2014 backend, while the old on 2012.

I've tried re-installing, setting SQL DB roles (WSS_Content_Application_Pools), and probably all other fixes I can see in this forum and outside.

Exact error is:

Failed to retrieve form control for canvas. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. Stack trace:    at Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.Services.NfWcfService.GetUpdatedFormControlForCanvas(FormControlProperties formControlProperties, FormVariable variable).

197574_pastedImage_1.png

3 replies

Badge +1

SQL version shouldn't be an issue as Nintex supports 2014.

Badge +1

Creating a new web application and site col didn't work as well.

Badge +1

Just to update you guys.. My issue was fixed after creating a new site collection under the root web app. Thanks to Michael Floyd from Nintex for helping out.