For Each and Collection Operation failing after 2 operation.

Badge +3

I am trying to query a list, obtain information from the list and output it into the notification. Basically sending a reminder email of upcoming items to be expired. 

I have done this before successfully but this time during the for each action it will only process 2 Collection operations then fail.

Fields:

Title/Name: Single line of text

Owner: Person

Manager: Person

Effective Date: Date/Time

Next Reveiw Date: Date/Time

I have attached the workflow for reference as well as an example of the format the email comes out as. Everything is working without the foreach so I know it is something there, I just cannot put my finger on it. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so you mean it fails on a collection operation that gets 'owner'?

what's the exact error?

what's the variable (type) that you store collection element to?

does the source 'owner' person list field contain single or multiple person entries?

Badge +3

It fails after two actions no matter what the next one is. So it could be owner, manager, or one of the dates. 

The owner & manager variables I tried storing as text & person neither worked. 

The people fields only allow a single user.

The error message is not helpful: 

ime Event Message Outcome

3/7/2019 4:20 PMErrorAn error has occurred in Policy_Standard_Notification_30. 
3/7/2019 4:20 PMError

For more information, please read this article: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=323543&clcid=0x409

Please let me know of anything else that might help with resolving this. 

Badge +3

Also one difference is that the working workflow is on a list, the non-working workflow is on a library. 

Also I have attached some verbose logging to maybe help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as far as I can see from your verbose log, all the collection variables but coll_title and ID_coll ones are empty. that explains that whatever sequence of collection operation actions following  'ID' and 'title' fails.

check the reasons they are all empty.