Solved

Request Data Action - Store Attachment

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I'm creating a workflow using Nintex 2013 on SharePoint 2013. I'm trying to use the 'Request Data' Action to have the user submit a flight itinerary as an attachment. I'm trying to store that attachment within the same list the workflow is kicking off of so that it can then be sent to another user to review. Since the Request Data action only lets you store the variable to the workflow, how do I go about transitioning it to a list and then sending it out?

icon

Best answer by Alexie_Rose 6 July 2021, 17:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

You will likely need to use a combination of the Web Request action and Vadim's custom Base64 Workflow action (http://workflowexcellence.com/nintex-workflow-get-list-item-attachment-in-base64-custom-action-happy-thanksgiving/) in order to do what you'd like to do. 

As of now, this is the closest thing I've found that explains it, but it is taking attachments from a task and then attaching them to a different task. In your case you will simply attach them to a list item or put them into a document library elsewhere, but that should make little difference: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-blogs/collect-task-attachments-in-list-item-and-show-all-attachments/ba-p/82470 

If you have further questions, please ask. 

Badge +4

Honestly setting up the custom part went straight over my head and I was unable to figure this out so I went about a different way of pulling the attachment to make it viewable.

I ended up using a request data task and stored the link in a workflow variable that I was able to reference later in a request review task where users could click the link to open the attachment instead.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

No problem. It's not straight forward at all! Glad to hear that you came up with a solution though! 

Please mark your comment as the Solution at your leisure.