Install K2 in distributed environment not found

• 20 April 2010
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a distributed install of K2, with a K2 Server, and four web front ends.

The install of the K2 server went fine, and when I ran the setup manager on the K2 for SharePoint it seemed to install.. it came back with the errors below.

At first, I assigned the wrong account as a farm admin, so I corrected that and ran the setup manager again. I'm also unsure which "SharePoint Service Account" I should give db_owner to, the Central Admin app pool account, or the Web application pool account?

But the main mystery is I don't see any of the features in the solution list, and I don't see the admin tab in Central Admin, nor in the FEATURES folder.

What have I missed? I've already run the setup manager twice, I don't really want to risk corruption running it more times. 

K2 Web Designer for SharePoint

------------------------------

Analysis complete, with no errors.

File System Permissions

-----------------------

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpointProcesses

----------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Modify permissions for C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpointProcesses.

K2 for SharePoint

-----------------

The task is not complete as one or more of its dependencies failed.

Sharepoint Users

----------------

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SourceCode.SharePoint.Administration.Farm.GetWebApplications(Boolean includeAdminWebApps)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.ReflectionHelpers.Call(Object target, String method, Object[] args)

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.ReflectionHelpers.Call(Object target, String method, Object[] args)

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Tasks.SharepointUserIsValid.OnValidate()

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Model.Task.Validate()

SharePoint db_owner Rights

--------------------------

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SourceCode.SharePoint.Administration.Farm.GetWebApplications(Boolean includeAdminWebApps)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Tasks.SharepointDbOwnership.OnValidate()

at SourceCode.Configuration.Checklist.Model.Task.Validate()

Cross-Domain Data Connections

-----------------------------

Analysis warning.

An error occurred during installation or during configuration. A required assembly (SourceCode.Office.InfoPath.Server) or one of its dependancies could not be found. Please re-run the configuration manager, or re-install the product.

File System Permissions

-----------------------

C:WINDOWSTemp

---------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Modify permissions for C:WINDOWSTemp.

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateFeatures

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateFeatures.

C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateFeatures

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateFeatures.

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12ISAPI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12ISAPI.

C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12ISAPI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12ISAPI.

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateLayouts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateLayouts.

C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateLayouts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis passed.

The account NT AUTHORITYAuthenticated Users has Full Control permissions for C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TemplateLayouts.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi

You can give both the application pool accounts and the Installation account db_owner and security admin rights. Can you attach the installation log to the post. It might give us a better idea on the situation.

Vernon

Badge +1

Hi Vernon, thanks for the reply!

Does it mean anything that I can't find the install log in the D:Installk2inInstallationSetup

I do swear it's installed

From Show
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think you might be looking in the wrong directory. The dir specified looks like the location from where you installed. You need to look in the Installation directory (where you installed the software) by default it is normally c:Program filesK2 Blackpoint

Vernon

Badge +1

Thanks again for your help Vernon, found it.

It looks like none of the solutions were added, object not set to reference. That means the DLLs weren't installed correctly? Or perhaps the wrong ones?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Had quick look at the log and it seems that some of the DDL's were not dropped correctly. I have seen this before though. What version of Blackpoint are we dealing with here? Is it the 4.5 installer or the 4.5 with KB001040?

I think the best and fastest route to get the issue resolved is to log a K2 Support ticket. If you are happy to do this please post the ticket number so I can follow up on it.

Vernon

Badge +1

Thanks Vernon: #28336