Creating a workflow version of the Approver Performance Statitics Report

Badge +8

Hi All, 

I am working on  producing a daily Turn-around time/ Task response -mail summary report. 

I understand that the OOTB reporting feature of Approver Performance Statics Reports contains a summery but what I need is a monthly rolling report for a specific task type that can be sent and e-mailed daily. 

I have the html table format and the beginning steps,query the list, get the date difference (assigned date - end date), round them off but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add all of those tasks up and get an average. I tried the collection operation Add and the run-time function of average but they don't seem work. 

Is what I'm trying to do possible, if so can someone help me understand what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

11 replies

Badge +8

Anyone? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Are you trying to do this in a workflow?  If so, could you post a screen shot of the action or series of actions where you are having the issue?

Badge +8

Yes I would like to use a workflow to get the total and average response times. This would just be an add on to a site workflow in using to send a manager a daily email listing all assigned tasks. This info would be a secondary table. I'd like to create a more high level view of those tasks by person. I haven't done much by way of expanding that portion of the workflow because I can't figure out where to start with getting totals. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You mentioned using a collection action and an average function, but that they weren't working.  Could you post what you tried so we could see if something just needs to be tweaked?

Badge +8

Let me rephrase, I started to use those actions but could not figure out how to make them work the way I was thinking.

i started with calculating a start date,and an end date. I query For all items that fall within that date and put the #of days from a calculated column into a collection variable.

for each I stored the # of days into a variable.

mu question is how to proceed after. I don't know what combination of actions would work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Are you asking how to calculate the average of how long it takes to complete a group of tasks in general, or are you asking what actions you use in Nintex?  If the latter, then what would be the next calculation you'd want to make?  It may help if you write out your calculation steps you want to perform to get to the value you want.  Then I could advise how to do it with Nintex. 

Badge +8

I am asking if there is a way to calculate based on task start time and completion time the number and amount of time one person takes to complete a specific workflow with whatever date perimeters I choose. 

the same exact information that the approver statistics report contains it just does not allow one to decide between what time frame they would like the report to be based on.

i have a calculated column that sets the number of days between assigned and completed.  I need to get the total and daily average of that column per person. 

I am asking how to do this with Nintex

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Yes, there are ways to do calculations in Nintex. But you’re asking someone else to figure out your calculation steps, not how to do it in Nintex. You figure out the steps for calculating the average you want, and I can help you figure out how to accomplish it in Nintex.

You’ve stated you already have a calculated field that gets the number of days for the task to complete, and that you’re querying that field and storing the results in a collection. So then is all you need to do is sum the dates and divide by the number of tasks, or are you trying to calculate it in another way?

Badge +8

That is not at all what I am asking. I know how to calculate an average. I has stated clearly the steps I need in Nintex and am asking for guidance on what actions should be used to get this into a workflow that sends a daily notification.

I do not need to sum the dates, I would need to sum the # of days and divide that by the number of completed tasks. My question is not about the process it is about the actions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I assume you somehow loop over all the tasks to calculate time difference ( task response duration) for each.

so, in addition you just need to maintain two counters

- sum of task responses - add up in each loop iteration calculated task response time

- number of tasks - add up 1 in each loop iteration.

once you are done with the loop, just simply divide the two figures.

Badge +8

Thank you for your response. I ended up figuring it out after a while. What I was doing originally was trying to use the collection actions and build string instead of just using the math actions. I didn't realize that you could use variables and list lookups in the math action. 

what ended up working was using the collection count action (inside of the for each action) to get the number of items  that met my query filter criteria. Once I had the count of the items I just used the math operation to add all the total  #of days of variable all of all of the items in the collection (sum).   Once that sum was achieved I divided the sum variable by the count variable and I was good to go.