How to export Repeater section XML format data to Excel

Badge

Hi,

I have created one sample Nintex Form , which consist of one Repeater section data.

While saving the repeater section data.by clicking on save button .

The data is successfully saving in the List. but while exporting the List column data (XML format data) to Excel 

can not export the repeater section data to excel but it is being saved as XML format only in excel.

Can anybody help me out how to export Repeater section data to Excel with out XML format.

Here I have developed Nintex form using Repeater section.

215192_pastedImage_1.png

Step :1

215189_pastedImage_1.png

Step 2 :

215190_pastedImage_2.png

Step 3 :

215191_pastedImage_3.png

We need the Normal format data in Excel while exporting to Excel from List

Instead of XML format (Repeater section ) data in to Excel.

Please help !!!

Thank you in Advance for your great help.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Sreedhar Kanaparthi,

For one solution I recently build one I implemented the requirement to have repeating section data available for Excel export by copying each row to a list with some of the "parent" metadata (including ID). This way the business could run reports on the data. Whenever data in a repeating sections is changed I delete the associated list items and created them again.

Another alternative would be to create with a JavaScript button to export repeating section data for a selected item (or multiple) from a (view) page.

Badge +7

Jean-Pierre Huls I am looking to create the javascript button you mentioned. Can you share the JS to export the repeating table to csv or excel?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Josh Henderson,

As it's one of the requirements in a current project, I'll still have to create it. However, I do have the snippets to

1. Extract rows from a repeating sections (already using it in a Nintex Form).
  2. Create Excel files in JS.

Thing is that I'm quite busy at the moment; I first need to change the code first to get the customer specifics out before sharing. I'll see if I find the time in the next 2 weeks in my spare time happy.png.