Blank Nintex Forms (No Rules)

• 20 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I have been trying to set up a list that has two different content types, with each content type using a different Nintex form.  The content types are set up, and I have the option to customize the form for either one:

Neither form has any rules in it.  But both forms, once published, show up completely blank both in preview and in the actual list.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

do you have any custom javascript used in your form?

If you open the form with the developer toolbar open, do you have any error in console?

Badge +5

There is no custom javascript.  All I did to set up the current configuration was customize two content types on my list and then publish the default Nintex form for each one.  Default Nintex forms don't ever use javascript, right?  If I leave the console open in Internet Explorer and go back and forth between the list and the (blank) form, no error messages appear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Through the Nintex Forms designer, delete the form and start over and publish. Any changes? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Andrew,

yes, Nintex Forms uses javascript by default (as SharePoint does), but if you have just published the default form, you haven't added any custom javascript.. Try with the suggestion from ‌ below and check also if the form opens when you have published just one of the two content type forms

Badge +5

Update: after trying Andrew Glasser's suggestion of deleting the form and starting over, with no success, I was able to get a two-form list up and running by doing the following:

• Creating Site Columns
  • Creating Site-level Content Types using those Site Columns, with "Item" as the parent Content Type
  • Adding the Site-level Content Types to a new list
  • Removing the default "Item" Content Type from that new list
  • Publishing and editing Nintex forms for both Content Types