I have multiple list who are suppose to work together, but mainly two. One is a calendar and the other one a subscription list. On the subscription list, the people are coming to subscribe onto Events on the calendar lists. I was able to get to add people to the event, but in the case that i am working right is the fact to able to cancel one of the subscription on a separate worflow. So... my problem is how to be able to remove one of the people who subscribe into an event - into a column which is named - Participants, with multiple people. I'm able to query the column into my subscription list and then with regular expression, im able to remove only the tockens from the column, which gives me back nothing / an empty column at the end.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sorry - I cannot see your attachments (blocked for some reason) but here is a path you may try on using regular expressions and collection operations.
In your regular expression action, perform a "Replace text", and replace the individual's user information with "zzzzzzzz" or the like. Then perform two Collection Operations: 1. Sort and then 2. Pop to remove the "zzzzzz". Finally, repopulate the Participants field with your collection.
Obviously try this on a demo list first!
@bgarvey Thanks for the quick response. I did try your solution, but it always seems to remove the last person in alphabetical order, even tho its not the one who is suppose to change. I tried the stuff you said plus i added some stuff to make it work ( build string back before the update, that way its not a collection variable that i put in the column (impossible)).
Can you check my WF and see where i am wrong.
Hmmm - after you perform the sort, can you log the array to history to see why the zzz is not at the bottom (i.e. the last index). If it goes to the top for some reason, then you should be able to use Collection Action > Remove for the item at index 0.
And you are right! I have been working with another action (Nintex Sign) that allows you to populate a person field with a collection.
Sorry - unfortunately my company is blocking the png file, so am flying a little blind.
Be sure to REPLACE the entire string including any of the 31#; crap that comes along with the person field.
Alternately, see if you can do a reg expression on the string to identify the index of the user entry, then use a collection operation to remove based upon index. That is probably more error proof anyway.