Why is my lookup in a calculated value field not working with a list lookup control as filter?

• 15 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

I have a calculated value field that is performing a lookup that is filtered based on a value selected in a list lookup control:

"Environemt" is used as Filter for the List Lookup control "Server Name" to display only servers from the selected environment. "Server Type" is supposed to display the server type for the selected server name. I.e. the List Lookup control "Server Name" is used as filter for the calculated values lookup formular:

ServerLookup is the name of the List Lookup control. And I selected it from Named Controls.

The list that I query look like this:

Very basic as you can see.

But when I use the form the calculated value field show quickly a Loading... message and then blank:

Anybody any idea why this is not working?

2 replies

Badge +16

do a calculated field and look at value of your named control server name - you will probably find you get ID;Value as the output which is why the filter isn't working.  Try using parselookup as outlined in this:  https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2017/05/01/may-mission-quick-top-tip

Badge +2

Thanks Cassy! Parselookup() did the trick!