Not applicable

'Related Content' Column in Workflow Status

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have created a nintex workflow and this is working fine. I was just thinking, whether I can disable one of the columns from the workflow status.

The issue is the Related Content link takes the user to the list item and allows them to modify. Can I hide the Related Content column from the workflow status.

Thank you, 

Shaji Chacko.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cassymfreeman

Re: 'Related Content' Column in Workflow Status

Jump to solution

How will users know what they are approving if they can't see related content? Why don't you use set item permissions action in workflow to manage who can view and edit the related content?

View solution in original post

emha
Collaborator

Jump to solution

AFAIK, this page is not customizable.

even if it would be, it wouldn't prevent users to edit the item. directly on this page there is 'Item' link which navigates to the item just the same way as related content link. apart from that, users can navigate to the list on their own and edit an item there.

so your better option is to manage users access with permissions on list and/or item(s)

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek

Jump to solution

The above is correct. You cannot modify that page. You can affect the task edit/ view form, where you can hid "Related items" field by going into editing task content type used by your tasks and setting the column to "hidden" so that it won't show in the forms. But still this information will be shown on the page you are talking about.

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you All for your inputs. With the Set Item Permission Action , this can be achieved. 

Thank you Again.

Shaji Chacko

0 Kudos
bimi82
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello All

I have the issue with the Related Content showing 0000 and when clicking on it, it shows the form with the actual Reference number e.g. TAX170015 

Wondering, why that number is not showing in the related contend but 0000 instead.

I have checked the workflow so many times to rule out any default entries but this is driving me nuts

0 Kudos