cannot attach multiple files to an email with a variable has multiple URLs.

• 13 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi

I try to attach multiple documents from a doc library into an email using Send  Notification Action.

Based on documentation,  I should be able to

"

Attachments

Allows file attachments to be added to the notification. You can specify multiple URLs by separating each URL with a semicolon. You can also specify multiple URLs by referencing a collection variable.

"

Here is what I did

108377_pastedImage_3.png

I tried to concatenate multiple URLs using both simple text variable and Collection variable.

it only worked when there is only one document to attach.

can anyone help me on this?  I  attached the workflow as well.

thanks,

Ruiming

6 replies

Badge +10

Hi rilu,

You can concatenate the attachments URL's to one multiline variable delimited by semicolon and use that variable in the attachment url.

single line text variable will not hold all the  concatenations. Make sure the URL's for the attachments are correct.

Sojan

Badge +1

Hi Sojan,

I am facing the same problem. The semicolon delimited does not seem to work.

- my variable contents are (without the double quotes):

"https://irsite/IRProjects/Lists/IR Task List/Attachments/3/File1.txt;https://irsite/IRProjects/Lists/IR Task List/Attachments/3/File2.txt"

and both files exist when i navigate tto them. Any idea?

Badge +10

Hi Soteris,

It seems the URL is not properly constructed. The list name is not identified in the url, use the property to get list name instead of typing the list name .

Hope it helps,

Sojan

Badge +1

I am not constructing/typing the url at all,i process items in a list and concatenate any attachments found in a list item. The path is intact.

maybe it displays a bit funny in my post above because there is a space present in the list name and the forum thinks it is the end of the url path

Badge +10

Hi Soteris,

Hope you have already tried the url pasting it in a browser to open  the file. If the file is opening, then I have no idea what is going on.

It worked for me.

Sorryconfused.png

Sojan

Badge +1

Well, this works only if you got one attachment. It works for me as well. The problem(for me) is that as soon as you put a semicolon in the multiple line variable (even after removing the last semicolon), the notification doesn't attach the files.