SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException

Badge +10

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has faced this issue. I upgraded from blackpearl 4.6.6 to 4.6.7. I have a method which basically checks whether or not a user has permission to open a worklist. If the task was delegated to someone else, it takes that the shareduser parameter as well and calls an OutOfOffice smartobject to check if the user is indeed delegated to open the task. Before the upgrade all this worked as it should.

After the update to 4.6.7 I am getting the following stack trace. I can see that the the method fails where it calls another smartobject. The name of the smartobject, methods, properties etc has not changed at all since the update.

Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown. at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.GetSmartObjectReader(SmartObject smartObject, ExecuteListReaderOptions options, Dictionary`2& propertyReference) at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteListReader(SmartObject smartObject, ExecuteListReaderOptions options) at K2FormsHelper.CheckWorklistItemRights()

Thanks in advance 

Regards

2 replies

Badge +9

You're going to need to put some manner of catch in there.

This user appears to have dealt with a smilar issue

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/SmartObject-execution-error/td-p/37299

So long and thanks for all the fish
Austin

Badge +10

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the reply, but that post is from 2009. My issue is 4.6.7 related. The code is already in a try and catch block and I put the stack trace in the post at the top of the page. 

Thanks

@Update: It works when I restart the blackpearl service but only for the first time the smartobject is run. However I had put logging to log each step when the method is called but these logs are not written to the first time when it runs successfully or the second time when its not succesfull.