Multithreading in Nintex 2013

• 9 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am facing one issue in Nintex for SharePoint online, I have one entry in list where workflow needs to update every time depend on condition as its working fine if only one workflow processing this record.If sometimes triggers multiple records then record is not updating appropriatly as all are getting the same value. Is there any option in Nintex that we can pause the threading for some time? or only one thread can work at same time?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
HI,

Are you able to explain this issue a little more?
Do you have the one workflow trying to run multiple times on the one item.
Or
One workflow trying to run on multiple items?
Or
Multiple workflows trying to run on one or more items?
Badge +1

I have only one workflow and trying to update single record from another list, it works good if user make only one entry in first list.If user try to add multiple items in first list at a same time then in second list its not updating correctly. basically its calculation part, once we submit, it will increase the number and so on. 

Also is there any sum function available in Nintex 2013 so I can get total sum according my conditions.

Thanks for your promt reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Ok.
So when you add multiple items the workflows references another list which has a counter and the counter is updated. If multiple workflows start then they all get the same number or you get some duplicates.

Sounds like I post I just answered where I suggested another way of incrementing the number so it never duplicates regardless of how many items are added to the first list and workflows starting.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/o365-Nintex-Workflow-gt-gt-Item-Duplicating/m-p/103690#M70803