issue entering domain username in ServiceObject Server connection string

• 7 March 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We think we've discovered a possible bug with the server connection string credentials.

SETUP & ISSUE

Within K2 studio's Object Browser's "Environment" tab under "ServiceObject Server(s)", the "ServiceObject Server" link, right click and select the "Edit Field..." menu option.

Within the resulting "Edit Field" window click on the ellipsis to bring up the "Host Server Connection String" window.

In our instance we're using the Domain, User Name and Password fields

In the User Name we're entering the data as <domain><username>.

When we click "OK" and then "Test", the connection succeeds fine. When we click "OK" in the "Edit Field" window we receive an error notification stating that the connection string is invalid. If I remove the "" from the User Name field, the connection string becomes syntactically valid but now will not connect.

This exact same configuration works fine if it is entered under the "Environment" connection string at the highest level, it accepts the slash in the username just fine, but it will not accept it at the "ServiceObject Server" level.

I'd just like to know if someone at K2 can re-create this issue or if anyone else has experienced this issue?

1 reply

Badge +8

The User Name field should be ONLY the user name. The domain portion is entered under the Domain Field. In my case, the following values worked OK (using 1390):

Integrated=False

SecurityLabelName=K2

UserID=Administrator

Password=K2pass!

WindowsDomain=k2train

I have left out the common ones, just added those that might be of use.