possible to generate an invoice (from a list) via workflow?

• 29 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi all,

I am working on a project to use Nintex to tracking all of our outsourced projects, now I have successfully created two lists, 1. Freelancer profile list: got all the information including payment method, 2. Project Report list:  recorded the project name, rate, total payable amount, invoice number and the freelancer info that lookup from the Freelancer Profile list.

now the question is since I have got all the information I need to prepare an invoice at the end of the month, I don't want to copy paste the data from Nintex to excel again, does any one have good suggestion for this?    

my current idea is to create another list to lookup invoice number and the project info from Project Report list and lookup freelancer name and their payment account from Freelancer profile list, and trigger a workflow to send all the information in a email in a proper invoice format to be print out or forward to the manager. Sounds like a plan?  (if you knew this won't work please let me know happy.png)

Cheers,

Zoe

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think you could use the new document generation features >>> 

Badge +4

Hi Hunth, looks like my company didn't purchase that service...all I have are Nintex form and workflow...

or alternatively, do you think it is possible to start a manual workflow to firstly filter the same invoice number items from my Project Report list  and combine all items in one notification email? If this is doable, I think the rest info (payment detail, price, quantity...etc.) all can be pulled from the same list accordingly.

now I feel like I've got all the information but I have no tool to drag them into one page to present in a simple invoice format.....    sad.png

Badge +4

Hi all,

I would like to show you what I have got from my previous plan,

zoe :

my current idea is to create another list to lookup invoice number and the project info from Project Report list and lookup freelancer name and their payment account from Freelancer profile list, and trigger a workflow to send all the information in a email in a proper invoice format to be print out or forward to the manager. Sounds like a plan? (if you knew this won't work please let me know )

as I have many items will be billed under a same invoice number, so I set the Invoice Number to be allowed to lookup multiple values, however, the result returns won't really allow me to convert them into a invoice format to run the calculation. Please find below for the screenshots, if you have other idea, please share your suggestions with me, thanks a lot in advance!  

Cheers,

Zoe

178878_pastedImage_0.png

178879_pastedImage_2.png