Exception Error

• 15 February 2006
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge
Users reported problems accessing K2 server from SharePoint server, when I checked the K2 server, this error was reported in the logs:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 2/14/2006
Time: 9:15:14 AM
User: N/A
Computer: USMITRY-WW20
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2300- K2Server.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x6d0 (1744), Thread id=0x1354 (4948).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..

Any ideas/suggestions to the cause, the box has been running with out issue for some time. I stopped and restarted the service, everything seems ok. What wouls have caused this, how can I keep it from happening again?

Configuration:
Web/App Same server.
DB and SharePoint each on seperate servers.

Web/App:
Windows 2003 Service Pack 1
K2.Net 2003 Server SP2 (3.5068.1.0)

1 reply

Badge +6
Hi CoryW

This is not a common error. The .Net Framework threw the exception so it is difficult to say what the problem was.

If it happens again I would suggest you reinstall the .Net Framework on the Server.

You might also want to consider to upgrade your version of K2.net to SP2a - I noticed you are still running SP2.

Cheers!