find out the sender?

• 2 February 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

hi all,

in our sharepoint-system, our CFO got a empty nintex message with a specific code in the subject ([#DDDQGDRGDYED#]). Is there a way to find out, where (in our system) it comes from? Maybe in a database table? It is high priority, that i can find out!

please help.

thanks!

6 replies

Badge +17

The easiest thing is to find out what workflows are running. If you know what workflows are running you can probably guess which one sent the message.  findworkflows.png

Second thought would be to identify which one has the CFO email address or the SharePoint group with the CFO assigned in it.  Hopefully its not spam, but go with the first one, identify the workflow and assess from there what needs to be done such as delete, disable, not target the CFO, or fix the variable in the email subject that was not properly rendered.

Hope that helps

Badge +11

You get that because it set for Lazy Approval. I remember it getting on my nerves. If you use 'Initiator' in the 'Insert Reference' you will find Initiator there. That is the person who initiates the workflow. You can put custom information within the email notification.

Badge +11

It appears to me someone created a workflow and assigned him to complete a task. Whatever list or library that is in, you can find in the workflow status list. You can also look at the workflow history and see the workflow history of the list specifying who created the item and who last completed an action. You could track that way.

Badge +2

yes, it is true.. but in our case we have more than 100 communites so this way is to time-robbing.

but thanks alot!

Badge +2

thanks alot!

Badge +17

I figured it would be time consuming to try and narrow it down.  Another thought is to block that email going to the CFO from SharePoint in the meantime.  This would be an Exchange action.

Hope that helps.  Let us know if you need anything else.

Eric