Unable to resolve people picker field in View mode (access denied)

• 28 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Has anyone seen this before?

"Some" Users were getting an access denied message when trying to open a Nintex form in View mode.

While "some" other users such as Admins and or who have very close privilages and are supposed to see the form were not getting those access denied messages.

When opened the form to edit, they didn't get that access denied message and got an error of being unable to resolve username on one of the people picker fields. I checked the field, and the name was fine. When I tried to remove the name and re-add it (it couldn't look up the name again!)..

Also the field at first had a rule that after being approved, the field will be disabled. I removed that rule and made the field in "Edit" mode all the time. Now the user can see the form in view and edit mode with no issues.

Then I changed the edit/auto/display setting of the  people picker field to "Auto". Now the user is getting again the "ACCESS Denied" message!!! 

What could possibly be the reason to put a people picket field into "Auto" setting result into an access denied message to the users? And why would putting that field into always "Edit" mode even on the "View form", resolves that "Access denied" message?!!!!

I need to put that field back as it was, in "Auto" and make the validation rule to be "disabled" on a condition. 

Any ideas?! Is there smething broken on the View form? Is there a limit to the amount of people picker fields I can put on a form?! 

Using Nintex/SP 2010

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it sounds to me like you have a people picker restricted by a sharepoint group and sharepoint group is not set to be readble to public. so only users that are members of the groups can resolve its users and so open the form.

Badge +9

Thanks Marian. Hmm, yes that people picker only selects from a group of executives. But how do I make that group readable by everybody?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Go to site settings >> people  and groups  >> locate that specific group and open its settings >> there you should see a switch like "Who can view the membership of the group"