List Lookup control with filter (multiple)

Badge +1

For the Lookup control, I am trying to mention the view name(I have view with some filter condition), But after applying the view name it showing blank fields in Display, Edit forms. If you navigate to the View, it showing all the values. How to apply multiple filter conditions for lookup control. Can I use Java script with CAML query to achieve this functionality?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you post an example what are you trying to achieve and configuration of lookup control?

it sounds to me you mention two problems - 1st one how to apply filter by a list view  and 2nd one hoe to apply multiple filters.

Badge +1

Find the below screen shot . 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

what form version are on?

there were addressed several issues with filtering by source view in recent releases, especially if used together with filtering by value/control.

see release notes  

Badge +1

See the version details

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

moreless the same with NF2010   Nintex Forms 2010 - Release Notes 

eg.

1.11.3.0: Validated an issue where views on a Lookup control may not filter. Fixed in a previous release. (84914)

1.11.2.0: Fixed an issue where a value in a List Lookup may not display when the selected item is not within the filtered source view (0)

Badge +1

As  we are using  version 1.6.0.0 , how to fix this issue . I have to use java script to populate list Lookup control . 

How to fix this issue? Please suggest ?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

manipulating lookup's content with a javascript is a no way to go.

two possible workarounds come to my mind

- create a calculated column on the list out of all fields that you need to filter on. then in form compile a value that will filter items by that calculated column

- build a cascade of dropdowns which allow users to create step by step a filter similar to one you have modeled in view.

Badge +1

In my scenario there are three levels , Based on A ,B should be filtered and based on B, C should be filtered with Status is equal to Active ( 2 Conditions for display C - filter based on B and status is equal to Active).

create a calculated column on the list out of all fields that you need to filter on. then in form compile a value that will filter items by that calculated column-Could you please guide me  - how to implement the below approach . 

build a cascade of dropdowns which allow users to create step by step a filter similar to one you have modeled in view.--  This is the second  approach : This what we implemented now , what is the difference ? what I am missing.?

Thank you so much .

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Could you please guide me  - how to implement the below approach

have a look eg.  on this thread - Nintex Forms - lookup with 2 filters 

to compile a value for the filter it uses javascript, but usually it's not necessary. simple calculated value control should be enough.

This is the second  approach : This what we implemented now , what is the difference ? what I am missing

currently with view filter you have defined one filter with 3 conditions, for each level one.

with cascading lookups you would let user first select a value for level1, then level2 list would be automatically filtered just to those items that belongs to selected level1. once a user selects a value from filtered level2 list, the same applies for level3, and so on for further levels if needed.

have a look on eg following examples

How to filter a look up column in nintex forms 

if you searched the forum I believe you would find several good examples for both appraches.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi, ‌,

did this help? if so could you select  a correct answer?

#BRGview

Badge +3

I have a follow up question for this.  I have created my cascading dropdowns and they are working.  The users want to auto-populate if there is only one choice on dropdown 2 and dropdown 3.  Is this possible and how?

Column 1 has multiple choices

Column 2 has only one choice - auto select this choice

Column 3 has only one choice - auto select this choice

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

there is no OOTB way, you'd need to write a script that sets looku control value

see eg. https://community.nintex.com/message/78584-re-set-list-lookup-value-using-javascript?commentID=78584#comment-78584