Nintex Form with large Repeating Section failing

• 14 November 2017
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Hello Everyone,

We have a Repeating Section with 14 columns. And the SharePoint list is being updated by an SSIS package in the backend. One of such entries made 61 rows. So, now the Repeating Section has 61 Rows & 14 Columns. 

When edited the Nintex Form & tried to save/cancel, it gave an error with some correlation id. The correlation id said :

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.  
 at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.ThrowIfMaxHttpCollectionKeysExceeded()   
 at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding)   
 at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()

How do we overcome this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Badge +8

What authentication protocol are you using for SharePoint?

Badge +2

Hi Roger,

It's Claims Based Authentication with Kerberos enabled.  And we are using SharePoint 2010.

Regards,

Jatin Chandra.

Badge +2

Hi Roger,

Actually the issue is not related to the Repeating Section. It's the no.of input elements in a page. By default, the limit on the number of form input elements that can be submitted to a page is 1000.
For the error item, Repeating Section alone has 61 X 14 = 854 (Text boxes - input html element). These 854 elements + the other input html elements on the page have have crossed the value 1000. I increased the limit to 5000.

In the Web.config I added the below App Setting and it worked !

<appSettings>
<add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="5000" />
</appSettings>

Regards,

Jatin Chandra.

Badge +8

Jatin, glad that you found the solution. You should mark your answer as correct so that this thread will be more helpful to other users in the future.

Badge +4

Same limitations applicable for O365 Nintex Forms (Repeating Sections)??

Badge

Where do I find this config file?