Not applicable

Query user profile doesn't return anything for the "MemberOf" properties

I'm trying to get "Query user profile" to return the "MemberOf" properties of a user.  When I swap out "MemberOf" with "FirstName" it works.  "MemberOf" doesn't return anything.  I'm storing it into a collection variable and writing it to the log.

Overall, my goal is to find all of the AD Security Groups a user is a member of and then loop through that list to remove them for off boarding.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Query user profile doesn't return anything for the "MemberOf" properties

Hello Dean Pawley​ -

I would check out these threads as it is the same thing you are attempting to get to:Display Group Membership and Nintex Workflow - Ldap security query

Ultimately, try returning sAMAccountName rather than MemberOf if your query is something like:

Hope this helps!

Not applicable

I tried what you sent and it didn't quite work for me, but it did give me the clues I needed to get what I was looking for.  So, thanks!

Ultimately, here's what I'm doing...

The query user profile is pulling from a person field on the form and placing it into a variable (var_DistinguishedName) as a single line of text.

The query LDAP is using the query (&(objectCategory=group)(member={WorkflowVariable:variable_DistinguidedName})) and putting the list in a collection variable (var_coll_MemberOf)

Then I placed it into the log to check the values, which looked good.

Then I sorted the collection just to make it easier to comparing the list to the Active Directory MemberOf list

The For Each loops the target var_coll_MemberOf and stores it into a variable var_GroupOf.  I'll change the For Each to handle the action of Removing the account from AD.

nintexwfpeople.png

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

If you're using the query LDAP, I think the attribute may be case sensitive.  Try "memberOf" with a lowercase "m". 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Brendan,

The above solution works.  I'll detail the whole thing and share it on here if anyone else needs it.

Thanks!

jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Glad you got everything working Dean Pawley​!

Be sure to mark your question as answered so others can quickly find what you did.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I created a pdf with screenshots; how can I upload it here?

jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

If you open up the response in advance editor:

and then you can add attachments:

Hope this helps!