Redirecting user to Outlook when submitting a Nintex form

Badge +6

Hi

I have searched the net for java script that would redirect the user to Outlook on the Save and Cancel buttons but have had no joy.

A Nintex task is assigned to the user who can then view the Nintex form with the details of the client through a hyperlink in the task message.  Before approving or declining the request, the user can view the form.  This instance of the form should only be for viewing only.  So I would like the form to have an OK button only which will take them back to the task email in Outlook.  In addition, this form would be different to that of the Nintex form that appears when a new item is created or an item is edited.

Kind Regards

Renee

9 replies

Badge +7

Hi Renee,

You need to find link/URL to your outlook email. It is called the deeplink feature.

May this will help you to find how to access outlook from external apps:

Using Outlook Links

Regards,

Badge +6

Hi Phillip

Thanks for your prompt reply.  The user's needs have changed somewhat - the Nintex edit form is sent to the approver via a workflow from a list.  The approver can review the form but when they click on Cancel they do not want the user to return to the list because they do not want to add the permissions for the approver to the list.

I know that you can do this in a new form by using Source:=false.  How would you do this to an Edit form in which there is a link to the item's ID.  For example:

EditForm.aspx?ID={ItemProperty:ID}

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Renee

Badge +6

Examining it in more detail, the issue is occurring in the Nintex assign flexi task where the approval form directs the user to the Nintex edit form. If they do not have permissions to the list, they cannot access the form and therefore cannot continue with the workflow.  Once they have viewed the contents of the form, they need to return to the approval email to approve or reject the task.  Hope this helps.

Badge +7

Hi, 

Did you try the Redirect URL property in the form?

It will redirect you to the set URL once you click on save or cancel. 

BR,

Badge +6

Hi

Thanks for your response.  I have done that but do not know what url to use to return to the approval email.

The other issue is how to display the Editform in a browser window independent of the SP site.  I have been told that you can add &Source = false after the editform url but I have not been able to get that to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Renee

Badge +6

Sorry to add another one but there is a third component to add.  When the user clicks on the link in the approval form and the Nintex Editform is displayed, I would like it to have only the Cancel button appearing on the form.  This would be different to the Editform where the item is created and edited which then starts the workflow.  Is this possible?

Badge +7

For redirecting to outlook refer to:

using outlook links

For opening form in new tab try the below:

<a href="http://www.someothersite.com" target="_blank">Some other site</a>

You cannot control opening in new window through HTML since it is a browser behavior.

Badge +7

For hiding the save button, append a parameter to the URL of Nintex Editform like Save=Hidden.

In the Nintex Editform, use the inline funtion GetQueryString(Save), it will return a value.

Based on the returned value (Like "Hidden"), hide the save button.

Badge +6

Hi

I tried looking at the links but I must confess, I couldn't work it out.  The user really needs to go back to the Task approval email so that they can continue with the Assign Flexi Task Approval form.  I have used the redirect option in the settings and I have used the Display Form rather than the Edit Form which displays only the Close button. Getting the user back to the approval form would be ideal.

Thank you for all your help.