Default Display/Edit form errors when nintex form is published

• 28 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

Hi,

I'm encountering this error in all of my site collections where i had published the Nintex forms. If I edit the form of any list with Nintex, the Default Display and Edit forms are no longer available and they show error.

error.jpg

Something like this in ULS logs:

Medium MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[].  Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list.

The form opens fine with SharePoint designer. If I remove the Nintex form from the list, the Display and Edit forms work again. This is strange because i'm realizing this for the first time. Has anyone encountered it?

I'm working with SP2010, NF2010 ver 1.9.0.0

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I think it's normal because when you create a form with Nintex Forms, it will override all the three forms, not only one, so you're not allowed to edit a form from the Form Web Parts menu.

The .aspx files are still there because if you remove the form with Nintex, SharePoint switches back to its own form so that's why you can edit them with SharePoint Designer.

Giacomo

Badge +11

Hi Giacomo Gelosi,

Thanks for your response, I would agree to some extant but the New form is available to be edited, only Display and Edit are not. I wanted to apply an additional web part on the Display form to hide quick launch and so got the error. In the past i remember I had done this for 1 of the lists. May be i had done it before customizing the form with Nintex.

To get around the issue, i exported my nintex form, applied the CSS to hide quick launch, and then imported the nintex form again.

If other pitch in and say this is the normal case, we would have the answer.