Solved

Query list: Multiple return columns = multiple collections?

• 19 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am querying a list for Name, Title, Phone with a filter so that the expected result is say 5 items (with the goal of building a contact list string to insert into a notification). The UI apparently wants me to store the results into a collection of Names, a collection of Titles, and a collection of Phones -- 3 collections total.

Is there a way to get the results from a list query into a single result set? Or is there just no Nintex construct that matches a "result set" or hashtable type of data structure? Without it I guess I need to do a ForEach with a couple Pops (collection operation) inside of it. Or is there a best practice here I'm missing that would serve me better?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by murphybp2 20 August 2014, 15:38

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

My approach is more or less like the first one (his own) Dan lists here Formatting Results to an Email except I'm using Pop instead of Get (with index). So I guess there aren't better options (?).

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You could try using a web service call.  You can use the "GetListItems" method to query a list, and the results will be in a single XML.  Then use a Query XML to build your results.  But I don't think this is an easier way of doing it.

Badge +2

Vadim's post here uses a web service call here with XSL transformation, Nintex Workflow - XSL Transformation - Vadim Tabakman. Interesting approach - as he says "The impressive thing about all of this, is that the workflow required to get all the information from this list, transform it into something visually appealing and send it in an email just take 2 actions" - but usually would rather avoid XSLT. I understand it but others may not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I think this is the link to Vadim's post you meant to post. Nintex Connect - How to use Collection Operation to parse an XML string

Badge +2

Doh, I updated the link to: Nintex Workflow - XSL Transformation - Vadim Tabakman

New working link:
http://workflowexcellence.com/nintex-workflow-xsl-transformation/