Edit the name of a workflow

• 1 March 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Its a really basic one! - how do you edit the name or rename a workflow? 

I have one that is not named correctly & i want to edit it.

its another one of those things that just doesn't jump out at you!

Also is there an option to add a "label" into the top of a workflow that can help identify which workflow it is. i have several that look the same but cannot always tell them apart! 

So if i can add a label in under the green start arrow it would be really helpful

Any ideas?

Pete

7 replies

Badge +16

Hi!

In your workflow designer go to workflow settings and you will be able to access name and description there - change and publish.  Be careful though as I have seen this change create a second workflow on the list and you will have to delete the other workflow from list > workflow settings > add remove ...

As for the labels - I have a method that works for me but you just use them how you wish.

For me I use the labels as follows:

• top label - name of action - I do not change this
  • bottom label - use this to describe what I am doing (i.e. set columnA = valueA)
  • left label - use to indicate data coming into the action (i.e. variables I am using to calculate dates, or update items)
  • right label - use to indicate data coming out of the action (i.e. set variable and the name of the variable being set)

As example is here:

200120_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +6

Hmmm

not sure if i am right here - but i am in workflow settings:

200121_pastedImage_1.png

But i cant edit anything

Am i in the wrong place?

Badge +16

nope wrong place.  go to the list you have the workflow on:

list > list ribbon > workflow settings > manage workflows with nintex workflow

200122_pastedImage_1.png

then choose the workflow with the name you wish to change.  you will then be in workflow designer for that workflow.

then choose this

200123_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +6

Thanks again - always seem to start looking in the wrong place!

Badge +2

Hi ,

When I rename my workflow and save & Publish it ,I get a new copy of my workflow with Version as 1.0 and when I check in my workflow inventory my old workflow also exist.Is this the default behaviour.

Thanks ,

Jothi

Badge +16

yeah that is the behaviour I have always seen

Badge +5

Any new insights to this? So far I have not been able to rename a workflow. Yes, I can create a new instance, but upon removing the original workflow I lose the version history. 

Is there a way to rename a workflow? Anyone try editing the database record?

8201i0403E2635BC0FF17.png