Query XML on repeating section

• 25 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I've followed Vadims instructions to get a repeating section to show in an email. Now on the second time I've used these instructions, it's gotten weird. 

My repeating row sections is called SupplyOrder

My two fields in the section are called SupplyItems and SupplyTypes. 

The xml isn't coming out right, then saying it's blank. I've attached the workflow and output. 

5 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

Did you give the repeating section a name and did you connect the repeating section to a multiline text variable?  You are working with the multiline variable assigned to the repeating section and not the fields in the repeating section, right?

Can you also send a screenshot of the data entered on the form?

Kind regards,

Francois Crous

Badge +2

I did and use that name in the first Query XML in the XPath query field. 

Here is the input section. 

Badge +2

I found the issue, but not sure how to solve it. It's because the fields inside the Repeating Section are lookup fields. I need to query the list first, but unsure how to configure it. Any ideas?

Badge +3

I ran into this same issue on a couple of my forms. What I had to do is add a Calculated Value control to my repeating section that looked up the text value of the ID of the item picked from the Look-up list. Then your repeating section XML contains both the look-up ID in the Look-up control and the text value of the look-up control in the Calculated Value Control.  Here's an example of my Calculated Value control "Product" for my "ProductID" Look-up control:

And here's the XML of both the "ProductID" (look-up) and Product (calculated value) for a sample item:

Then in your Query XML action, you can just assign the Calculated Value instead of the Look-up to the variable.

How did you populate your Calculated Value into SharePoint list?