Instance Error "object instance not set to an instance of an object"

• 22 April 2013
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

I am new to K2. I have just setup a K2 server. Everything looks well. I have even created a new workflow and deployed into K2Server successfully. 

I go to Management Console->Workflow Server->Processes and look for the workflow I have deployed. I click the "Start new" instance and started a new instance. When I refreshed the page, the instance's Status is Error. I went to Error Profile in Management Console and the error result only shows "object instance not set to an instance of an object".

Please advise. Thanks.

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

You can check view flow to see in which activity it is happening.

Regards,

Manju

Badge +1

Hi,

Where an I check view flow? I know that I can check view flow at the home page of Workspace. For my case, whenever I create a new instance, it will throw error immediately. The only place that leave clue is the Error Profile in Workflow Server. 

Is there any access right setting I need to set? 

I have seen before under License Management->Licensed Users, there is a user call "domainservername$". How do I add this one? Thanks.

Badge +4

Click the home button in the work space, Click Process overview and select the process name and select the process instance which is in error state. There you can see the View flow button.

Regards,

Manju

Badge +1

Hi,

I am able to view the flow. The flow only starts from the Start and error occurred on the next activity already. 

This workflow is working when I deployed on an existing K2 Server. But not the newly setup server. Do you have any idea? Thanks.

Badge +4

check all the connections pointing to new setup.

which workflow you are using sharePoint, InfoPath ?

Badge +1

Hi,

I am not using SharePoint or InfoPath. I am just using VS installed with K2 and build a workflow. 

I have already ran out of idea where I should check. 

Anybody can help me? Thanks.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I manage to find out the problem. It is the setting in my activity. :)