Query List from On Prem List to SPOnline

• 15 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Very simply trying to perform a list query from my onprem Nintex workflow to SPonline. Not sure if Nintex needs to be installed on the online instance (it's not) but we do have an enterprise license on our on prem farm. Basically when trying to do a simple list query getting the below error message. Is there a way to fix this issue. Thanks to everyone in advance for your help.

"The execution returned an unexpected error. The Web application at X could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application."

2 replies

Badge +5

ctoper, Nintex should not need to be installed online to do the query. What is the Query action you're using? Nintex Live has the Query One Drive, but I don't see a Query List/lib action.

An alternative method would be to use the regular Query List action and the CAML Editor to configure the access to the online resource. I have used this repeatedly within and across on-prem farms but have not tried reaching out to online resources. Off the top of my head I'm thinking it should work if configured properly.

Not sure that's much help though.

Gman

Badge +8

Apologies for the extremely late reply. The issue was the MFA for SPOnline. I was using my admin account. What I needed was a service account as they don't use MFA. After doing that it worked