Adding attachment link on a Flexi Task Form

• 12 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

I have a workflow that requires a user to add attachment/s at initiation. The workflow then assigns a flexi task to an approver. The flexi task uses a customized form (Edit Task Form), I want the task form to display the link to the attached document/s.

How do I achieve this without using a link to the original form with the attachments(duplication)? I found this How do you add an attachment link to an approval task form, but Cheryl Doke doesn't clearly provide how the solution was achieved.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There are a few methods to do this. And I'm sure there is more than these here.

1. Attach the files to the Task item, then copy them to the list item
    1. This is a complicated method with many actions and possibly workflows to accomplish
  2. Attach the files to the current item, by linking back to the item from the task.
  3. Or using a to-do style task that sends the user an email with two links. the first link is to the list item to attach the items, and the second link is to the task to complete once they are done.
    1. This is actually a very common process. Just put into the email body the appropriate notes the user will need to understand what is expected of them.
    2. This method also provides use of common context variables and easy to produce the links.

What Cheryl did was method 2.

Badge +3

Just to be sure Zachariah

Do you want to add attachment by Workflow start form or add it to the item and start workflow.

To display attachments, I done this for a past project :

Add a multiline column

Workflow iterate through attachments (web services) and build links

You can the display the result in your task form as the attachements links is a item column

Tell me if you want me to detail workflow

Badge +2

Jean-Francois,

Could you elaborate a little on this? Just on how to build the workflow.

Thanks!