How create а choice of doer for department leader?

• 15 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

for that I temporary created Flexi Task with the names of doers for choices and than save choice in workflow variable.

However, the minus is:

(1) In Flexi Task with branches named (by doers), I should copy and repeat the same actions in every branch;

Or

(2) If I set option "remove branches" in Flexi Task, in this case I cannot get the Doer ID (to send him message for example) because I only have text variable with doer name (text).

That should be easy way to do it. However, I am new in Nintex. Thanks in advice!

4 replies

Badge +7

If I'm right with your needs, you could do it by editing the Start Form of your Workflow.

You will need three things :

• a SharePoint group called e.g. "Doers" on your site, which contains ... doers happy.png
  • a workflow variable, named e.g. "Doer" in order to store the leader's selection in the start form of your workflow.
  • a "People" form control on the "Start Form" of your workflow, but you'll have to respect this steps order :
    1. Add the "People" control in your form
    2. In the "Advanced" section of the control, set the "SharePoint group" parameter to "Doers"
      129896_pastedImage_15.png
    3. Connect the control to the workflow variable "Doer".
      129897_pastedImage_16.png
      When it will be connected, the "SharePoint group" parameter won't be displayed anymore but it still retains your settings.

And that's it !

Now you will have a people variable that you would be able to use as a mail recipient happy.png

Badge +3

Hello Pierre!

Thanks you for answer!

I understand clearly step 1 and 2

However, I don't understand clearly what you mean "People" form control on "start form" in advanced options? Is this advanced option only available in Nintex Forms or in ordinary SP forms?

I need a choice of Doers in the task assigned to BOSS,

So is only one way?: create a task for Boss, which sends him link to the detail item’s form of list. BOSS goes to this form, click «edit Item» and select Person from SP Group. Then I wait for choice and assign WF variable Doer the selected value and send message to variable Doer?

Or, there is some other varians to make this choice for task assigned to BOSS?

Badge +7

Hi Vlad,

I had thought the "Doer" selection could be made on the workflow start form.

No matter, you use a task, which has a form that could be edit via Nintex Forms, if you use a Flexi Task.

131957_pastedImage_0.png

In the Form Designer, add a "Person" Control" and connect it with the "Doer" workflow variable.

131958_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +3

Hello Pierre,

Thank you a lot!

Now I have not only NW, but
NF 2013 also.

My question is what type of Action you recommend to choose Doer (Flexi task, Request Data Action or Assign to-do task)?

Doer field should be without default value and choice should be required.