Nintex Form - validation on multiple checkboxes

Badge +3

I have a form with a Choice column that has multiple checkbox enabled.  I want to ensure all the checkboxes are selected before the form can be submitted.  I have been unable to find any articles on setting up the validation

14 replies

Badge +3

isNullOrEmpty({Self}) only requires one of the checkboxes be selected to pay the validation.  I need all the checkboxes to be select before the form can be submitted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Following validation formula might have worked for you

(assumed 5 options in choice control)

If(Array.isArray(ChoiceNamedControl),length(ChoiceNamedControl),If(length(ChoiceNamedControl)>0,1,0)) < 5‍‍
Badge +9

Hi

Use validation rule length(Currency) < 8 (Currency is named control)

203781_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi Narayana C 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this will not work if you only tick single checkbox - in that case it returns length of string not length of array...

Badge +9

203782_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

hm, that's interesting...

what version have tested it on?

could you add two more calc value controls on the form, one with formula just 'Currency' and second one 'length(Currency)'

Badge +9

203788_pastedImage_3.png

203789_pastedImage_4.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

and if you select just one checkbox?

Badge +9

203790_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

thanks for example, Lakshmi Narayana C

functionality seems to be changed between 2.7.0.0 and 2.10.0.0, with former one it returns plain string instead of array of strings if single checkbox is ticked

Badge +3

This works to display the message but when all the boxes are checked, the message is still displayed.

We are on version 2.5.0.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you noticed my formula at the top?

it should work on older form version as well.

Badge +3

I missed that formula.  I added it and the checkboxes are working correctly.  Thanks for the assistance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

great!