Error Publishing workflow 2016

• 18 November 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I have a reasonably large workflow which has started giving me errors - soap:ServerServer was unable to process request.  __> Failed to publish workflow.  An item witht he same key has already....

I have looked at other posts on this site, and I can confirm the workflow has no state machine actions or switch actions, (and never has had.)  There are several other workflows on this site all running fine and editable and re-publishable.

I have exported the workflow and re-imported into a brand new workflow and I still get the error.

I have broken the workflow down into 14 action sets, and saved them as snippets.  For each snippet I have created a brand new workflow and loaded the snippet and published.  Each snippet publishes fine.

I have created a brand new workflow and started loading the snippets and publishing after each addition.  The Error message comes back apparently randomly.  Eg.  I opened a brand new workflow and loaded snippet 5, published, loaded snippet 6, published, loaded snippet 7, published and then when I loaded snippet 8 and published I got the error.  - my conclusion - the error has smething to do with snippet 8 - I repeated the test, another brand new workflow and loaded snippet 5, published, loaded snippet 6, published and got the error. - Where previously this worked fine.  (An equivalent happened with other combinations of snippets.)

Any suggestions ? To rewrite this from scratch (and fully test) would take 3-4 days.  I really don't want to go down that root unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Soap errors can be hard to diagnose.
If other workflows are publishing and workfing fine it sounds like the environemnt configuration is ok.
Have you tried using a different computer to publish the workflow or closed all other apps running as well as tabs on your browser.
Do the servers have enough resources like memory and disk space?
What is the size of the worklfow when exported?
If the issue persist you may need to contact Nintex support support@nintex.com
Badge +2
Hi, Thank you for the reply.
I have tried on a different computer. I have tried having just re-booted the machine, so it is the only thing running. There are plenty of resources on the Servers.
When Exported the file is approx. 290KB.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
What actions are in snippet 8?
Badge +2
The Actions are....
Set Variable
Log History
UDA 1
UDA 2
UDA 3
Build string
UDA 4
Build string
UDA 4
UDA 5
Log History

The UDAs are various pieces of code which I need to use in multiple locations...

Snippets 5,6,7,8 are very similar - but the variables passed and returned to the UDAs are different.

I have subsequently re-written the some of the snippets from scratch. But when combining them into my workflow I still get a soap error. I am tearing my hair out

Catharine

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
When Exporting a workflow with UDA's the contents of the UDA's do not come along with the export. When you publish a workflow all the UDA contents are combined.
You have 6 UDA's in this workflow. Whats the size of all six combined (and yes even if you use the same one twice it still adds to the size) as well as the workflow?
Back to my original diagnosis it is possible the workflow is too big.
Badge +2
I have exported the UDAs and calculated the size of the UDAs used in the workflow and it comes to 1119 KB. If I add that to the size of the exported workflow it comes to 1409KB . Is that too big ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Nintex recommends that workflow size should not be more than 500-600kb when exported.