Enforce Field Value based on total of Calculated Field Nintex Forms

• 19 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I have a Nintex Form with a lot of rules already... I have a field that is only required if the total number of repeating rows is greater than or = to 0. However, if the total number of repeating rows is less than or = to 1, then the field should default to a text value of "N/A." How can I accomplish this?

In the screen shot, there is only ONE (default) row that is currently blank. If a user enters information into this section, but DOES NOT add another row, then the default value of 'Parent Counterparty' should populate with "N/A." 

I've got the other rule working that makes the "Parent Counterparty" field required if the repeating rows is Greater than or Equal to 2. 

Does this make sense?? 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I had a look at doing this with out of the box features.
There is no set field functionality in Classic forms but there is in Responsive forms. Even then I couldnt get this to work properly.

The only way this could be done would be to use custom JavaScript.
My JS skills are at the novice level and I can set fields but I am not sure how to count rows in a repeating section but I am sure others on the community who are JS masters will be able to assist
Badge +4

I should probably elaborate a little more on what I have going on with this form. I have a calculated field inside the repeating section that adds a 1 if the title field is not empty. Then, outside the repeating section, I have another calculated field that sums the total number of rows. If that number is less than or = to 1, I want to enforce a text value of "N/A" into the Parent Counterparty field at the top of the form (see my first post for image). 

I have attached an image of what the form looks like in the form editor so you an see the calculated fields.