Repeating Section update Sharepoint List with inputs

• 14 September 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I am working on a Capital Request form with a workflow. I have a repeating section that has a lookup, text fields, calculated value, yes/no boxes. I have found out that using a repeating section will not write the values to the column list. I am new to all of this and I do not know how to use the xml to parse the information and update the list items. I have attached the xml output if someone could please let me know what I need to do to get this working. I do have the xml being written to a multi-line column.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><Est.ItemCost type="System.Decimal">5</Est.ItemCost><ServiceMaintenance type="System.Boolean">True</ServiceMaintenance><ProvincialAgreement type="System.Boolean">True</ProvincialAgreement><EquipNewReplacement type="System.String">New</EquipNewReplacement><EquipmentName type="System.String">18</EquipmentName><Quantity type="System.String">5</Quantity><Est.TotalCost type="System.Decimal">25.00</Est.TotalCost><Currency type="System.String">USD</Currency></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Thank you,

3 replies

Badge +3

I think that I have figured out updating the lists but now I have an issue with the Equipment Name, this is a lookup from a custom list on the site, instead of bringing the value (name) it is bring across the correlating ID how can I get this to update correctly with the name?

Badge +4

Hi Tim,

I think you need to change your filter in the Lookup fieldĀ setup.

You need to filter with the ID and not the name.

Badge

Hi Tim,

did you get how to save value instead of id