Nintex Automation Cloud: Assign a Task action deprecation

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Nintex is retiring the Assign a task action, which will no longer be available for new workflows as of 31st December 2022. Instead, use the Assign a task to multiple users task action to take advantage of many new capabilities around assigning tasks.

Details:

Although the Assign a task action will not be available for use in new workflows, it will still be available in the following scenarios:

• Existing workflows that use the Assign a task action will continue to run.
  • If you have an existing workflow using the Assign a task action, you will still be able to update the configuration and publish your workflows.
  • Support cases for the fundamental functionality of Assign a task will still be addressed.
  • Non-critical support cases can be more quickly resolved by moving to the Assign a task to multiple users action.

We recommend replacing the Assign a task action in your existing workflows with the Assign a task to multiple users action to take advantage of the following benefits:

• New and improved capabilities such as
  • Express approval,
  • Task form configuration,
  • Task Delegation, and
  • Express approval comments.
  • Flexibility to add assignees so that tasks can be completed by one or many or by a collaboration of people.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Nintex Support and refer to the following FAQs:

Q. Will my existing workflows that use the Assign a task action continue to execute?

A. Yes, all your current workflows, including both drafts and published workflows, that use the Assign a task action will continue to execute.

Q. Can I create new workflows with the Assign a task action?

A. No, after 31st December 2022, you will no longer be able to use the Assign a task action in new workflows that you create.

Q. Will new functionality continue to be supported for the Assign a task action?

A. No further functionality will be added to Assign a task. Any new functionality will be available only with the Assign a task to multiple users action.

Q. Should I switch to using the Assign a task to multiple users action?

A. Although not necessary, Nintex recommends switching your existing workflows to the Assign a task to multiple users action to make full use of the latest features added for Tasks.

* The information in this article is not a commitment, promise or other obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This content is subject to change, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of Nintex

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I still show this as an action when creating a new workflow, thought it was going away?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Brandi,

There was a slight delay but we were able to complete this mid-January; you will now see Assign a task to multiple users as the only Task action in the action toolbox.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

Kate