Difference between blackpearlmanager (service account) and user account (both are in same domain)

• 7 August 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi all

I have a question.   When I tried to open the infopath form as a blackpearlmanager (service account), I am not able to view the list of actions like "deny" or "approve".   Example (blackpearlmanger@xxx.com)

But at the same time, if I login as me (user account), it is showing the list of actions. (user.user1@xxx.com). When I checked in the AD admin tool, I see some difference in the members tab. 

The difference is,  In my account, I see the server list (meaning server admin rights have been given). In blackpearlmanager account, I don't see the server list instead I see some distribution list.

Do I need to give the server rights to the blackpearl manager service account?   Please let me know.  Thanks

Ravi

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Ravi

Does your service account have the required Permissions on the Process(View/Participate or Admin) ? These permissions are required for the InfopathForm to return the Task Actions via the InfoPathService Dataconnection

Q

Badge +10

Hi Ravi,

Only the user who is the destination of any InfoPath client event will see the associated task actions of that step.

Any other user who open this form will not be able to see these actions.

I'm willing to bet that your InfoPath client event has your user account as the destination and that is why you see the actions when logging in as your user. If you want the manager account to also see these tasks, then add this user to the destination of your InfoPath client event, redeploy your process and start a new instance. Both users should then see the actions.

Generally the account running the K2 blackpearl Server service gets assigned Admin and Impersonate rights during installation. If this account does not have these permissions, I suggest that you give this user account the necessary rights using K2 Workspace > Workflow Server > Server Rights.

Hope this helps!