Limit one item per person

• 23 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi 

I am using NWS, currently I've set up a form and I want to limit my workers. 

I recognize them by worker ID field, they write the number.

Now I want them:

1. To watch their own submission, but only their own and not others. 

2. Limit them to add only one item, I do not want them to add themselves more than once

I've given myself complete control and I can watch everyone submission. 

Any ideas? 

3 replies

Badge +7

I've accomplished this in the past by hiding/disabling the submit button on the form if a lookup finds an item in the list that was created by the current logged in user. Granted, this wouldn't stop them from using Quick Edit mode, but it's worked when I needed a similar solution.

Badge +3

I also did the same. And I displayed a label if the lookup was positive that they need to edit their submission, not add a new one.

Another customer wanted a different approach, here I added to the workflow to check if they had made a submission before, and if so the workflow deleted the old one, and just kept the new one.

When it comes to only seeing the items you have contributed with in a SharePoint-list, check this out:

https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-enable-item-level-permissions-in-sharepoint/ 

You could also manage the item-permissions with a workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

1. To watch their own submission, but only their own and not others. 

configure item level permissions so that only dedicated list of users and/or groups can see respective items

2. Limit them to add only one item, I do not want them to add themselves more than once

configure ''worker ID' list field to "Enforce unique values"