I got the fever, FORMS fever that is.... Challenge #3

Badge +17

So I only go in search of memes when I want to create a blog and post about something cool. You're welcome for some odd, funny, not so humorous GIF that keeps repeating and I'm not even sure what movie that is from.

As of 6/13/17 we updated responsive forms yet again and the features set keeps getting stronger. We have just deployed the update for the Responsive Forms functionality. It now includes the following updates:

• Improved Drag and Drop experience
    Print to PDF
    Import/export
    Undo/redo
    Updated icons
    Bug fixes

This will require clearing the browser cache to see the new designer.

So with those updates, here's the 3rd challenge.

Create a new list on your site and let's try to build a new form for Frank. However, there's a catch. Don't create your fields first. Start with a blank form canvas and let's see how good you are. 

Build a form that can capture the following details and time yourself on how fast you can do this.

• Name
  • Date
  • Email
  • Phone
  • Location/Country
  • Interest - forms, workflow, mobile, analytics, other
  • Member Type - customer, partner, employee, other

Once you're done, post your times below and any comments and feedback. One known issue that we have is the preview screen seems to have a glitch. Ignore that for now. 204462_pastedImage_5.png

Have a good one...

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

HA! That is how I did  ... today... I'll think of something happy.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, exactly. Eric, that is the same challenge we had in first post. Or similar. I mean - I went there as well. And it literally took like 5 minutes to create a basic form with a vertical list of fields. Piece of cake wink.png

Badge +17

Ahh... okay okay. I was wondering if you were outsmarting the system.  Give me some time to update the challenge.

Badge +16

same here..  sad.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Eric, The meme is from an old SNL skit called "More Cow Bell" FUNNY!

Badge +7

‌ I did this for the 1st challenge so please see my notes there. I am still going to play around with these forms more and see what else I run into.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

Have you had a chance to test out the Responsive Forms for Office 365 yet?

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Euan,

I have not. We are an on-prem environment right now.

Badge +16

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." - sad.png what am I missing!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yeah same

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

You can use the beta environment provided in Office 365. I believe ‌ may have sent you the details?

This demo will allow you to see what we are planning for the feature. All functionality will also be brought to on-prem.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Not sure where is the right place for this comment, its related to testing responsive forms from my iPhone 6.  I browsed to one of my Responsive forms in the Safari browser.  The form opened in Display mode no problem.  I think clicked Edit item and I got the following Cookie error (please enable cookies for your browser to the form):

204998_pastedImage_2.png

So I verified my cookie settings for Safari, and they were already enabled for "Allow from websites that I visit".  When I changed it to "Always Allow" the problem went away.  I assume this is because Nintex Forms is using an App Web that I didn't directly navigate to.  Anyway, I couldn't reproduce this problem consistently, even after putting the Safari cookie settings back to "Allow from websites that I visit".

Has anyone else experienced this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌,

Yep you can get my attention in here. I will show this to the team tomorrow.

Cheers,

Euan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi ,

I recall. I will PM you to get links again and I will try and carve out a little time to check it out.

Thanks,

Patrick

Badge +17

Patrick Kelligan‌ please fill out this form and I'll get your access setup. >>>>> Nintex Workflow Cloud AP registration form

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Euan/Eric,

I had a chance to run the testing... Where should I post my impressions?

Thanks,

Patrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Patrick Kelligan‌,

Put your experience in the first challenge  .

Thanks,

Euan