Nintex Forms 2016 - Wrong date format in XML of repeating section

• 31 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hello everybody,

we have an environment with Nintex International installed and created a site collection with german as the default language. When we now work with date controls in a repeating section in Nintex Forms the dates are stored in a wrong format in the XML.

Expected and correct format: 31.01.2017

Oberserved and wrong format: 01/31/2017

Is anybody facing the same issue and has a workaround for it?

For the moment I would say that this definitely is a bug (Support ticket would be the next step) :-(

Best regards,

Jan

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not sure about 2016, but on 2013 date control from repeating section is saved in user locale format not in site/site collection one.

when you in addition consider that workflow saves date in ISO format you can imagine serious difficulties of later processing of such date field...

Badge +6

I would have thought that it's the same in 2016, but it's a german user with only german settings/configurations applied. I just stumbled over the following article Issue with repeating section date/time control , in which Jan Eyres‌ mentions that in the XML for the repeating section the date will always be in mm/dd/yyyy format.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not sure what ‌'s statement is based on and which env it is valid for.

my experience is different (NF/NWF2013 on-prem)

see 3 updates to the same list item made by 3 users with different locales - each date is in totally different format.

198168_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +6

Hey Marian,

that's really interesting, I will do some investigation in this direction! I'll keep you informed ;-)

Best regards,

Jan

Badge +6

Hey Marian,

found the time for some further investigation and research. For me it still doesn't work...

No matter how I set the site locale or the locale of different users I always get the same result (same date format). If I change the locale the date format is displayed correct in the control but not in the repeating section.

Any idea which might cause this behaviour? I've tested it in SP2016 (Nintex English) and SP2013 (Nintex International).

Next step will be to contact the support.

Best regards,

Jan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry I do not have explanation for that.

I'm even not able to consistently reproduce it. I just see dates coming from end users in different formats and  when I look who made the update I just know they work in different locales. but I'm not able to definitely identify which (site's, user profile's, browser's, OS'...) locale format is driving it.