Again another Deployment error (Introduction to K2 for Visio Tutorial)

• 2 January 2008
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Now I get another deployment error when going through the "Introduction to K2 for Visio Tutorial". The deployment does not succeed => Lab 1 => Exercise 4 => Step 1 Deploy the Process. The Tutorial is almost the same as the "Building a Sharepoint Integrated Workflow" except that it is done in the Visio environment. The deployment from the Visual Studio succeeded and the process worked as it was supposed to.

When I try to deploy the process from Visio, I get the following error message:

Deploy Completed Unsuccesfully

Error: Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred associating the workflow with the list. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Value does not fall within the expected range.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPWorkflowAssociations.AssociateWorkflowWithList(Guid FeatureID, String ListID, String TaskListName, String HistoryListName, String AssociationName, K2SPWorkflowStartOptions StartOptions)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.WorkflowAssociations.AssociateWorkflowWithList(Guid FeatureID, String ListName, String TaskName, String HistoryName, String AssocationName, WorkflowStartOptions StartOptions, CredentialCache CredCache)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.AssociateWorkflow(IntegrationObject integration)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.AssociateWorkflow(IntegrationObject integration)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()

Any suggestions what to do here?

-Jukka

6 replies

Badge +2

I managed to deploy this process with no errors after I

1. Exported this project to Visual Studio
  2. Build it in Visual Studio
  3. Saved the project in Visual Studio
  4. Imported the project back to Visio
  5. Deployed it

I suppose this is not supposed to work like this.

-Jukka

Badge +9
Same as your other post, typically you will get this error if any of the lists used during the configuration of the workflow does not exist within MOSS, my money is on the “Workflow History” list. Also check the Task list to be safe
Badge +1

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue pls do let me know how do u resolved this issue.

Thanks

Ravi

Badge +4

Reneir-

I am receiveing the same issues as the previous posters. Where is Workflow History located? Is it created on the fly or should it be created before the process is deployed? I am have a difficult time deploying a process associated to a MOSS document library. I have the Workflow History field set to Workflow History but the list is not in the site I am referencing. I have tried to create it but it says a list with the same name already exists. I am at a loss.

Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred associating the workflow with the list. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> SP Workflow Template cannot be set. Please check user site permission and try again.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPWorkflowAssociations.AssociateWorkflowWithList(Guid FeatureID, String ListID, String TaskListName, String HistoryListName, String AssociationName, K2SPWorkflowStartOptions StartOptions)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.WorkflowAssociations.AssociateWorkflowWithList(Guid FeatureID, String ListName, String TaskName, String HistoryName, String AssocationName, WorkflowStartOptions StartOptions, CredentialCache CredCache)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()

Mike Trouard

Badge +2

We are experiencing the same problem. Did somebody manage to resolve it?

Error 3 Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred associating the workflow with the list. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> SP Workflow Template cannot be set. Please check user site permission and try again.
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPWorkflowAssociations.AssociateWorkflowWithList2(Guid FeatureID, String ListID, String TaskListName, String HistoryListName, String AssociationName, Boolean AllowStartManually, Boolean AllowStartOnChange, Boolean AllowStartOnMajorCheckIn, Boolean AllowStartOnCreate, Boolean RequireManagePermissions)
 C:CTAWorkflowCTAWorkflowCTAWorkflowobjDebugDeploymentCTAWorkflow.msbuild 68 6 CTAWorkflow

Badge +9

Hi all, I got this error while Deployment.

Error 2 Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:
--
<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
<h2>Object moved to <a href="