How to prevent stuck in running status?

• 5 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

hi,
I found some k2 process instances stuck in running status (about 1% of all process instances).
I can resolve it by use the solution in http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Stop-a-running-Process/ta-p/76516
but I would like to know about how to prevent it?

Thank you.

15134i298A08FC99CA3D1F.png

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi termsakcsg

If your worklow instance is in a Running status for a period of time it means that some event is still executing. Can you provide some information about what event the affected workflows are currently at? A screen shot of the viewflow and details of what the event is doing would help.

Badge +1

Hi Andrew_Blinco,

thank for your reply. I have attached a picture already.

from picture. this step will get data from smartobject and set to data filed for email event.

a few K2 process instances stuck in running status at this step when i try to stop them and start it again, it can process pass this step.

Thank you,

15116i3B7BC34592368965.png
Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Ok it looks like you are using a lot of smartobject method calls for your sources.  Bit hard to tell from your screen shot but are you calling the same smartobject read method multiple times? If so maybe look at creating a reference for this method (see SmartObject Method Reference Wizard Overview) and use the results of this reference instead. There may also be one smartobject method that is getting stuck (e.g. deadlock) somehow. Have a look at your K2 log files to see if anything is being reported. Other than that try breaking your event into multiple data events and you may avoid the problem or at least narrow down what is causing the issue.

Badge +1

Andrew_Blinco, Thank you so much.