hejones50
Scout

PowerPoint corrupting after using 'Create Item'

Jump to solution

I have a document library which holds to the Agenda, briefing slides and reports for our monthly Programme Boards. I've added the three used templates onto the library as a content type and usually add them to the library as normal from SharePoint by clicking 'Files > New Document'. Two of the files are wor documents and the other is a PowerPoint.

I've made a site workflow that starts automatically which used 'Create Item' to create these documents in the library. The two word documents work fine, but the one that is suppose to be a PowerPoint is doing something very strange; instead of a PowerPoint it appears to be a word document and when trying to open it I get the following error messages:

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

When I click Edit Properties the Content Type appears to the be the right one. The names says .docx which I can't change.

Can I anyone spread any light on this for me? The content type in the library seems to be fine.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
emha
Collaborator

Re: PowerPoint corrupting after using 'Create Item'

Jump to solution

have you correctly configured content type within create item action?

have you supplied document name with or without extension to the action?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hejones50
Scout

Re: PowerPoint corrupting after using 'Create Item'

Jump to solution
Thank you! Didn't realise that would be an issue as it wasn't on the other documents. I've added it in there on the name and it works fine now.
0 Kudos