Populating a field w/ value from a Calculated Value field

• 30 April 2021
  • 5 replies

So far, no luck in figuring this one out.  I have 2 date fields in my form.  In the 1st field (Date), a user enters a date.  The 2nd field (Recertify Date) then populates with the entered date plus 365 days.  My issue is...I have a Nintex Workflow that would look at that Recertify Date and send out a notification 45 days before the date as a reminder.  Since that Recertify Date field is a Calculated Value field, I can't find it to use within the workflow.  Is there a way to get the value of that Calculated Value field into an actual field that the workflow could then use?

5 replies

Badge +11

@DougPowell You should still be able to connect your calculated field to a List column field. Then you can use that field in the Workflow.

Or you can calculate the 1st field (Date) and add  365 days in the workflow that will give you the recertify value.

I've tried to create a list field w/ a date/time format but it never shows up within Nintex Forms as a field that I can select in order to connect it. The workflow is another option if I can't get the form to work correctly.
Badge +11

@DougPowell  It would not be a date & time field , it will have to be a SLT to connect it to a calculated value.

You could also try using Form variables. To help further more info will be needed, or screenshots or your form.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Instead of using a calculated value for the recertify date, why don't you just create a rule in the form to use two standard date fields?

Badge +12

@DougPowell ....you've already answered your question.

• Keep the Date control on the form i.e. Date

• Keep the Recertify Date i.e. Calculated Control on the form and DO NOT connect to anything. This will be for the user's reference on the form.

• Now you want to send notification 45 days prior to Recertify Date (assuming you're using site workflow to query the list and if Recertify Date - 45 days is Today then you're sending the notifications) follow below steps:

• Query your list and get the IDs and Dates (Instead Recertify Date use Date column to decide when to send notifications) in the respective collections

• For each ID, add num_Index to get the Index

• Using collection operation action and num_Index get the Date associated with that ID and store it in dt_Date

• Using Calculate Date action:

• Date: select workflow variable from the dropdown and use dt_date WF variable

•  Days: 320 (Recertify is "Date + 365" and to send notification it's "Recertify-45" =  Date +365-45" = "Date +320")

• Side note: You can also put Year = "1" and Days = "-45".

• Store above in dt_NotifyDate

• Create a variable dt_Today. You can either set Today's date in default value when creating the variable or using Calculate Date action set it. 

• Add Run If:

• Condition: WF Variable dt_NotifyDate = dt_Today

• Send notification