How to assign a task to a Group in \People and Groups\"?"

• 3 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’m new to SharePoint Online and Nintex Workflows, but am working on building a workflow for travel approvals and authorizations.

In essence, the Traveler should be able to submit a travel request/item within a List, and from there the request is then routed to a line of approvers.

I have most of the workflow built out, but am running into issues with assigning tasks to the next approver in line as most of them exist in a specific “Group” (housed within the site’s “People and Groups”) and not within a List or the “Current Item” itself.

Is there a way to “Assign a Task” to a “Group” within the SharePoint site’s “People and Groups”?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Kristin Patterson‌,

To assign a task to a SharePoint group while using the "Assign a Task" Action , just add in the group name against the Participant option 

Regards,

Saud Khatri

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Kristin Patterson‌,

in addition to Saud Khatri‌s reply I prefer using the action Start A Task process. When working with groups it gives you more flexibility how the tasks are generated. If you open the action's properties you can expand the assignee options that hold helpful settings:

210379_pastedImage_3.png

You can decide to send one task to the group or each group member and how the results are collected (serial/parallel) and so on.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Thank you so much!!

Badge +1

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing this!