Pause workflow until new item is added

• 23 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi All

I am new to Nintex workflow.

I have a scheduled workflow that runs on a certain day and kicks off an email after the email I want to pause the workflow till a new item is added by that person then kick of a task to someone else. But l am having issues with pausing the workflow until a new item is added to the document library any help will do. Currently l have pause until a column value is hit but when l schedule the workflow it sends off the email and the task at the same time.

9 replies

Badge +11

add some screenshots with the action you have in place.

Sorry but I did not quite understand ... but I think you want something like:

Workflow  > pause until > field is empty

Badge +3

Hi

Will add screenshot, but tried the pause until a field had a certain valid but that didn't as if a second item is added it sends out an email.

Will add screenshot which will make more sense.

thanks

Badge +3

Hi

So basically the library where the workflow sits is empty and when nintex workflow starts it sends an email to colleague who needs to upload a document, it pauses till a document is uploaded with column "Status" has "1st"

problem l have is that as soon as the workflow send the email it fails

Badge +11

Hello Ali

Why don't you use the Wait for item update action instead?

Badge +3

Hi

Also tried this but as the library is currently empty and the WF starts and send the email it should wait but it fails straight away and l don't know why

Badge +11

Upload your WF. here and add a screeshot of the workflow.

Also, what is the workflow status ??

Does it start when a new entry is made, or when it is updated etc.?

Badge +11

what is the error message anyway ... check the workflow process.

Badge +3

Hi

Sorry forgot to say it is a scheduled WF so on a date it starts send an email to someone who needs to upload a document so the WF is paused once a document has been uploaded that resumes the WF and sends a task to someone to check that document

Badge +11

ok then the worklow needs to start WHEN UPDATE occures (when modified) see above picture.

There is a condition to specify on which criteria the WF should act upon.