Pdf Auto download Rule or control on click

• 5 December 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi All,

As we know that we have save pdf control in k2 smartform, and behaviours of this is save a pdf file in pdf view list then user have to manually download the file . but my question is how can we acheve automatically .

Suppose i have a button control and on this control I am calling save pdf and creating the pdf file now user want behaviour like on-click pdf should generate and downloadopen automatically , user should not open it manully neither should call any pop up for sub view to open the pdf file .

Can any one suggest is it possible OOB from K2 ?

-AK

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi AK

OOB I think the best you can do is have the user click a button to create the pdf, and the have that pdf returned to the form in an attachment control. The user would then need to click on the attachment control to view/save the pdf.

When the user clicks the button, call the Save as PDF control method and then return the new ID to a hidden field. Then call the Load event for the PDF File SmartObject passing in the ID and return the file to the attachment control.

Badge

Hi Andrew,

you mean it's possible can you  please elaborate in more details how can i do this ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

AK

As I mentioned OOB I don't believe you can have the pdf automatically opened/downloaded. The user will still need to click on a control to open the pdf.

Steps:

1. Call the Save as PDF controls method to pdf the form

2. Execute the PDF File Smartobject (System/Controls/Save as PDF) Load method passing in the Save as PDF Control as the ID property, and return the file to an attachment control on the form/view

3. User clicks on the attachment control to download the pdf

Badge +7

I have achieved this functionality by calling a sub view on click . on click subview calling a literal control with java script then print and download file in one click .

Badge +2

Can you share the method on onclick event 

Badge +10

Can you explain how you did this?

I have the same scenario where users would like to save a PDF Version of the form on an approval task - but I would like to have the form open in a new tab automatically for them instead of all the clicking.

It would be nice if they created an auto open rule of some sort.