Is it possible to retrieve a list of SmartForms using SharePoint lists

• 12 August 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I was wondering if there is a way to create a list of SmartForms that the users can then access to view by using SharePoint lists.

I know I can use External Lists to do this, but I am hoping that there is a solution that does not require me to expose SmartObjects and have to configure the Secure Store.

Many thanks in advance

- Nat

2 replies

Badge +1

If what you are trying to achieve is this : "As a SharePoint user, I want to access these two SmartForms from within our SharePoint intranet site in order to access it from a central location", then, yes, you can do it easily by using a SharePoint "HyperLinks" list.

From within the K2 Smartform designer, simply copy the Runtime URL of each form you want to link to.

Then create a link item into a SharePoint HyperLinks list for each Runtime URL of the forms. Clicking on those links will lead you to the forms.

Badge +1

Thank you for your suggestion, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

My users need to be able to retrieve forms that they have submitted or approved as part of a BPM workflow. Currently, once a user has taken action on a worklist item, it is removed from his/her worklist. My users need to be able to view these items (which are SmartForms), with the submitted data, after they have taken action on them.

I don't think I can copy and paste the Runtime URL for the forms since I am expecting thousands of forms. I also need said list of SmartForms to be dynamically populated based on the user's login information.

Is this still possible?

- Nat