Multiline field size issue between editing and using the form

Badge +1

A couple of my multiline form fields change appearance between editing the form and using the form. 

When editing, the Discussion field looks like this:

capture of discussion field edit screen area

But when entering data, it looks like this:

capture of discussion field browser screen area

The fields do not line up - the text box area is larger suddenly.  Here are the control settings:

control settings for discussion textbox

There is one other multiline text box, which looks different as well:

capture of comments field edit screen area vs. capture of discussion field browser screen area

The control settings on this on has borders and resize is 'no'.  Otherwise they are the same.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks..

Randolph Baker

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

place the text control and its label into panel. panel will resize along with controls inside, if configured so.

apply your custom styling (colors...) on the panel instead of label control.

Badge +1

The panel does not work.  I added a panel, put the controls onto the panel, and made the panel color orange so I could see it better for testing.  This is what happens:

discussion field using panel

The text field expands and makes the panel larger, but the label stays the same.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yep, that is how it works. each, textbox and label resize on it's own.

therefore I've written so that you apply custom styling on panel. ie. remove all the stylings from label (it should become transparent) and make the panel green, it will pretend as if label followed height of textbox.

Badge +1

I cannot seem to fix the original problem. Even deleting and re-creating the form from scratch did not help.  So I'll use the panel coloring option to at least make it look right.  Thanks.