wayne_shen
Nintex Newbie

Re: People Picker on Forms when filtered by SharePoint Group

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your update, actually I have the same problem on the entire farm.

I am trying to resolve this issue by overwriting the search logic in JavaScript, I will post my code here when I complete.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

How did you get on with that?

0 Kudos
nprestby
Canvas Initiate

We are experiencing the same issue on our client's form as well. It's inconsistent though... depending on which user's name we are typing - sometimes it returns results with only two characters entered, and sometimes we have to type almost the full first and last name! Mild annoyance... I haven't tested on an OOB SP form yet. That will be my next step.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hey Nicole!

yeah I literally cannot remember now what site this was on and the user gave up whining about it so it's died a death my end but I know the issue was still there so I've not closed the thread. I'm sure it was oob. Let me know how you get on so hopefully we can resolve this thread (and I have an answer if my user ever pipes up again)! 

0 Kudos
lonesurvivor
Cloud Wanderer

Hi everybody,

we do face the same problem. Our Nintex Forms version is 2.9.4.0. Is this behaviour fixed in a later version?

Greetings from Nuremberg

Ricky

0 Kudos
tanyajenkin
Nintex Newbie

I'm seeing something similar but with Nintex 2016, and unconnected with Sharepoint list column.  I'm simply restricting a people picker based on membership of a Sharepoint Group, and weirdly it takes a different number of characters before triggering the search for each name - varying from 2 to 5 so far.

0 Kudos
shrinivasnaik
Workflow Veteran

Hi Cassy/Ryan,

I also have the same issue and am working on Forms v 2.9.1.20. It isn't something the business has raised it for this project but when I faced this in my last project I replaced the people picker control with the v1 version and the business seems to like it when they can browse through all the people in the group and then select, rather than typing in the name and guessing if that user belongs to that group. (If you know what I mean)

If you can replace yours with the v1 version (I believe the user experience would be different) but from where ever I have seen this, business seems to be more happy using the v1 version just because of the fact that they can see all the people in the group and can decide who it can be assigned to.

Regards,

Shrini

0 Kudos
MPPanda
Nintex Newbie

Hi, I have a very strange behaviour here. I have added a people/group field which is only a sharepoint group. When user is trying enter the people in the field he doesn't find. But when we add user into that sharepoint group it self then he can find the people in the field But we don't want add all user to sharepoint group and wants user to find people who are in that sharepoint group. 

0 Kudos